Saturday, November 4

Scotland Yarn

A friend brought two skeins of yarn back from Scotland. It's Stylecraft Pure Wool DK (see picture on left). I know these days we can just hop on the Internet and buy just about any yarn from any place, but there's something nice about someone buying it from the shop and actually bringing it back to the States. Anyway, the gesture was nice. Now, what to make with two skeins. I think I'll make her a scarf (bet you didn't guess that).

Does anyone else have trouble crocheting with Lion Brand Homespun yarn. I can't see the stitches on the previous row, so I'm never sure where to put my hook. It would make a nice sweater, and there's even a pattern on the Lion Brand site. Oh well, there's lots of yarn out there, but just because I can't, I want to. He he he . . .

Ooooo I just went on the Lion Brand page to get the links and guess what I found. They have a new line called the Masterpiece Collection, Concerto, Serenade and Sonata. How musical! I'll need to listen to my classical collection while I crochet with this yarn. They don't have a lot of colors, but the Sonata Mulit-Lavender, Olive, Gold caught my eye.

2 comments:

♥.•*Carol T*•.♥ said...

Hi!!
I stopped by to wish you a great sunday, & an easy week too.
My blog went south for the winter last night, so I have to start over again....eeekkkkk..lol
I have the same template that you do now.
Carol

♥.•*Carol T*•.♥ said...

My blogs address is
http://mylittlecrochetcorner.blogspot.com/

I hope you are doing ok!!
Carol

p.s. my other one is still active, so when I switched to blogger beta, it put both of the dashboards on the same page...